\

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Redskins Trade Ramsey



I love Joe Gibbs, and who am I to question the coach who has done so much for the Washington Redskins and been enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame? But for the life of me, I never have understood why he never liked Patrick Ramsey.

The Redskins never gave the kid a chance, especially during Gibbs' two-year comeback tour. Now the team has traded the former first-rounder to the New York Jets. I hope he goes there and makes the Redskins and Coach Gibbs rue the day they let him go. This is the shabbiest episode in Joe Gibbs' storied career. Ramsey has a cannon for an arm and the courage of a Marine.

The Redskins, meanwhile, are left with an aging quarterback who unlikely can make it through an entire season, a journeyman backup, and an expensive backup yet to play in a regular season game. The crucial piece in the team's expected Super Bowl run is missing, that being the triggerman. I am very disappointed and hope I am very wrong.

See The Journal this week for a full column on this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>