\

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Commentary Creates Stir Among 'Good Old Boys'

I am told by an anonymous source that my recent words about the "good old boys" caused quite a stir in these parts and quite a bit of conversation. I am a bit unsure about which words the source referred. But in an editor's note to Jerri Morton's recent letter to the editor, I said that The Journal would not censor or silence her remarks as she apparently has been censored in her chosen hometown of Burkeville.

I also have written about the difficulties of operating a weekly newspaper in Crewe and Burkeville. I have held back so much of what is in my heart and mind regarding the situation here. It will emerge in the public prints on on this blog in time.

Anyway, I told the source today that I try to get along with "the good old boys" and wish they would try a bit harder to get along with me. I want the community to prosper. I hope they want the same, but some days I have my doubts about the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>