\

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Crewe-Burkeville Journal, 2006

The Crewe-Burkeville Journal has served western Nottoway County, Virginia, and the wider Southside Virginia community since 1959, but its deeper roots date back to pre-World War II, when the local newspaper was known as The Crewe Chronicle. Longtime owner of The Journal, Jim R. Eanes, and his partner, Jim Hudgins, bought out The Chronicle in the 1960s after they established The Journal. Mr. Eanes operated The Journal for 40 years. Rick Gunter purchased The Journal from him in 1999 and operates it today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

/body>